Turnip Juice for Good Health
More than the taste, turnip juice is known to have high concentrations of nutrients that help the body fight diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, liver and bladder problems.
The taste of turnip juice is acquired and should not been taken without the juice of other vegetables like carrots and collards because of its strong flavour. Once you have adjusted your taste buds to its flavour and scent, turnip juice can be delicious and refreshing.
Turnip juice is a popular beverage of southern Turkey, originating from Adana. Although its Turkish name Salgam suyu (or shortened, salgam) does literally mean "turnip juice", it is, in fact, the juice of purple carrot pickles, heavily salted, spiced and flavoured with aromatic turnip (Salgam) and fermented in barrels. It is traditionally served cold in large glasses with long slices of pickled carrots, called tane. Hot paprika relish is added just before drinking. Hot or regular, it's a popular drink with Adana Kebab.
Turnip is fermentation namely yeast product which is made from amaranth carrot, hot or mild pepper, water, salt, cracked whole wheat, yogurt, cheese and vinegar by yeasting and which is produced difficulty during a long time.
If Salgam is continuously consumed, it will invigorate, digestive and laxative for the body through the vitamins therein decreases stress, prevents influenza, and freshens your body through the enzymes therein.
19 Amazing Benefits of Turnip Juice:
There are many benefits of drinking turnip juice daily. Some of them are:
- Turnip juice has high concentrations of nutrients that help the body fight diseases like liver and bladder problems, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It has powerful antioxidants that reduce the risk of cancer, help liver to process toxins, inhabit the growth of tumor, and finally fight with the side effects of carcinogens.
- Drinking turnip juice daily is an effective way to lose weight and fight obesity.
- It also reduces anemia.
- The high concentration of Vitamin C in it helps in clearing lung and bronchus congestion and improving blood circulation.
- Turnip juice helps to remove body odor.
- This nutritious juice helps to remove kidney stone.
- Turnip juice lowers bad cholesterol in the body, preventing heart attack, strokes, blood clotting and various heart diseases.
- Drinking turnip helps to calm your nerves.
- It also strengthens bones and teeth, as it is a good source of potassium and calcium.
- It prevents cataract.
- Turnip juice acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps cure asthma or can curb the symptoms of asthma.
- It is good for maintaining the structure of capillaries as it is rich in flavonoid.
- It reduces free radical level in the body.
- Turnip juice helps maintain a good immune system.
- It prevents colon tumor and colon cancer as it helps in the proper functioning of the colon.
- Turnip juice helps in treating various skin problems.
- It treats acne.
- It also works as an effective hangover cure.
11 Delicious Turnip Juice Recipes:
That was quite a list, wasn’t it? If this isn’t enough to tempt you to try turnip juice, we have something more for you! Here are some quick fix recipes to make turnip juice for your family at your own kitchen!
1. Turnip Fennel Juice:
Blend ½ turnip, 3 carrots, 1 apple, and 1/2 fennel bulb. Extract the juice and have it chilled.
2. Turnip and Beetroot Juice:
Juice 1 small beetroot and 1 small turnip cut into pieces. Add a dash of lemon and salt—and a yummy glass of beetroot and turnip juice is ready to be served.
3. Calcium King Juice:
Extract juice of 3 cup chopped turnip green and 3 cup chopped green cabbage. This is a potent calcium juice suitable for all age groups.
4. Sweet Calcium Juice:
Blend 3 cup chopped turnip green and 3 cup chopped apples, and extract the juice. Drink up with your morning breakfast.
5. Rootastic Juice:
Extract the juice of 1 large turnip, 2 medium beetroot, 2 apples, 2 carrots, and 1-inch ginger root. Mix this juice with ½-cup coconut water. You will be amazed to feel how cool and refreshing this juice is.
6. Detox Juice 1:
Feed bite size pieces of broccoli, turnip greens, carrots, red cabbage, red apples, pear, and red bell pepper into the juicer chute and extract the juice.
7. Detox Juice 2:
Extract juices of chopped spinach, rainbow chard, kale, romaine lettuce, turnip greens, red apples, carrots, pear, and ginger. Drink it chilled.
8. Mixed Juice:
Feed cranberries, grapes, turnip greens, romaine lettuce, pear, red apples, carrots, red bell pepper, spinach, beet, in a medium sized juicer and extract the juice. Refrigerate before you serve with some mint as dressing.
9. Carrot-Spinach-Lettuce-Turnip-Parsley Juice:
Extract juice of five carrots, three leaves of spinach, four lettuce leaves, ¼ turnip, small handful parsley, and ½ of a fresh orange for sweetness. Two quick minutes in a powerful blender, and voila a healthy and nutritious drink is ready to be gulped.
10. Celery and Turnip Magic:
Extract juice of tart apple, pear, celery, purple-top turnip, turnip greens, and serrano chile. Blend all these super ingredients with some water to get a delicious and refreshing drink in a jiffy.
11. Juice for Bones:
Take 1-cup of fresh red cherries, one medium sized sweet potato, and ¼ of a large turnip. Put these ingredients into the blender and extract the juice. Refrigerate and drink chilled on a sunny day.
Yes, making a glassful of turnip juice is that easy! Don your hat of creativity and blend the turnip with a variety of ingredients. Try these recipes and share your experience with us.
The above details have been prepared to help you select suitable products. Products and their ingredients are liable to change.
You should always read the label before consuming or using the product and never rely solely on the information presented here.
This information is supplied for your personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of TurkishPorter Ltd and due acknowledgement.